Last night, 3 ingredients converged in my head. They were graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate ice cream. And I thought, hey, Iced S’more.
Seriously, why have I never heard of using ice cream instead of chocolate? It’s like who has chocolate waiting around in their pantry? (erm, that’s me, at least, never have all the ingredients for a S’more at once)… Ah, right, because it is usually over a campfire, with a HOT marshmallow, that’s why they don’t use ice cream… hahaha.
Well, it broke lots of dietary things, (MSG, sugar, gluten) but was delicious. Here is the Recipe, and how to make it for various eating styles. And don’t feel bad about making one for yourself without even changing it an ounce (as long you don’t have an allergy, then please don’t!)
- Graham Cracker (Make your own (CCK) to control the ingredients, make it gluten-free, or without cane sugar, etc)
- UN-roasted marshmallow 😉 (Use vegan marshmallows to make it vegan, or make your own if you have a Kitchenaid (avoids sugar, and/or MSG))
- Chocolate Ice Cream (I used Breyers) (CCK banana based, yogurt based, 4-ingredient Milk of choice based, but not with Chocolate instructions)
Okay! So you’ve selected your ingredients, now it is time to make an ooey-mooey mess.
- Take only 1/2 a graham cracker sheet. And break it in half.
- One normal sized marshmallow. Split it in half.
- Put the halves of marshmallow on the graham.
- Spread a spoonful of Chocolate Ice Cream on the marshmallow.
- Layer with other graham half.
- Opt: Take some pictures before you eat it, quickly, and show your family, or share with me if you’d like!
- Eat – watching out for any sensitive teeth. I had no issue, because the marshmallow mitigated the coolness of the ice cream.
Have a great day!