Okay, lots of emotions, ya’ll. Sorry. Swirling dust clouds, cuz I’m always so happy, but I ‘protesteth’ and then feel silly because, it “actually wasn’t so bad!” *groan*
But, the fact of the matter is, I’m split, and maybe you can help me?
But I also want to share with you an awesome yogurt-enhancement recipe!!
So first, advice. Do I go to a party or not?
After researching INFP’s, it seems like I should never give my hand at going to a party, from which there is no escape, ever again. I have had my share of parties, and have never failed to embarrass myself, or wish I wasn’t there, at any of them. So why would I keep trying? Why would anybody want me there.
My speed is game-nights, movie-nights, and one on one meets. Even then, when I say “a mistake” I chastise myself for it years and years later. It hurts.
However, Mom and BT are going to this party. When I stay back, Mom feels bad, and BT says I’m stupid for not going (an INTJ is telling an INFP to attend a party!!) He says I’ll die a hermit. And that hurts. Cuz I really love people.
I just hate hurting them.
So, what would you do? How do you handle this?
Oh, and it’s also a potluck. Not the best situation for a recovering anorexic 😦 In fact you can’t get much worse, since I also have a mild food allergy, and won’t be able to eat anything.
Secondly, yogurt! I like yogurt. I used to detest unflavored yogurt, then I used to think Greek yogurt tasted terrible. Now I like both.
*gasp* How did this happen?
Well, since you ask… 😉
- Yogurt – unflavored, unsweetened
- Fruit – frozen, or unfrozen, berries or apples
- Honey/syrup (optional, but recommended)
- Okay, so you have your yogurt. I use Dannon full-fat plain, or low-fat if I have to (but the full-fat is more traditionally made — no pectin.) Or Chobani Greek – it’s got pretty pure ingredients. Put it in a bowl. If you can let it sit for about 1/2 an hour this stuff will taste even creamier. If you are bringing this, you can pack the ingredients separately.
- Now for every 1/2 cup of yogurt you want to eat, have about a handful of fruit. 1/5 cup berries, 1/2 an apple, 5 strawberries. Wash it if it’s fresh. If you are using frozen, defrost in microwave — BUT NOT TOO MUCH. In our not-too-powerful microwave, I go 30 seconds.
- Now you have fruit, in a bowl, washed/defrosted/chopped. Made into bite size bits. Put the yogurt on it. Or vice versa. Doesn’t matter. Just put yogurt and fruit together.
- Now it’s pretty good with non-Greek this way, but it’s even better sweet. Add 1/2 a packet of stevia (dextrose-based stevia tastes great in it!). Or a little more for Greek. And a generous amount of cinnamon, if you are using apples. Do not add to berry-yogurts. Repeat do. not. add. 🙂 It tastes like seltzer when ya do.
- Every other day I eat this, I use honey or syrup for the other 1/2 of sweetness. 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of honey or syrup will give you a little boost of nutrients!
- Optionally: you can add 5-8 nuts and it will have crunch and a little extra protein and fat. I like to save some to eat afterwards so I don’t have yogurt mouth. 🙂
This rivals store-bought flavored yogurt for me, and you can control what goes in there! I hope you enjoy 🙂
Have a terrific start to your week!!
Really, seriously, any party advice is greatly appreciated! 🙂 You know, even just “Yes” for ‘you should give it another whirl’, or “No” for ‘why bother?’ as a comment is helpful! 🙂