As promised, another of my go-to recipes!
This has been adapted many, many times over the years, from Hershey’s single-serving Hot Cocoa recipe.
- A little hot water
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- Sweetener: stevia, sugar, or other
- Enough milk to fill your mug
- When the water is heated, add about 2-3 T of it to your mug. You will melt the cocoa in it.
- Add the cocoa and sweetener to the hot water. Stir it up, until it is clump free. (1T or less of cocoa for low-caffeine and lightly cocoa-ey, 2T for traditional tasting cocoa.) You don’t have to measure, measure – I just use spoons, and approximations!
- Pour in the milk until it is full.
- Heat in microwave until there is a light layer of foam on the top, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
By the way, why do I use the microwave?:
If I heat it on the stove as traditional cocoa is made, then there is high percentage chance that it will “burn”. Sugar substitutes (and even sugar one time) – get this weird “burnt” taste even though I heated it gently. 🙂 So, that is why I skip heating sugar-subs on the stove.
Happy Wednesday and have a great rest of your week.
What is your favorite hot drink?