[[I wrote this post while still at the externship… A couple months ago… These sandwiches have continued to be amazing. Enjoy!]]
Okay, so please excuse my weird wording or super hyper-excitedness – I AM SO excited and so happy and ready for this week right now!
I had a poor start to the day with wonderful circumstances, nice people, but great clumsiness. I spilled some vaccine and was mortified about the … well, “Is that bad?” “How much did I just cost my intern place???”
But, hey. People were AWESOME today.
Like so awesome.
So amazingly I-should-give-them-all-hugs-and-handshakes-make-that-high-fives awesome, and wonderful.
So, well, that also means I worked over lunch, and scarfed down this sandwich shortly thereafter.
It was delicious.
This is the second time I’ve made this sandwich and despite copious issues my body could have with it, this one proves to be of no issue.
And also lasts which, right now, is really important. *no more fainting* (That is my goal … maybe I’ll get to tell you that story later… for now, wish me luck for tomorrow? Thanks!)
So the sandwich:
It’s vegan, under 10 minutes to make, and inexpensive.
The initials are ASTB – and that makes several words, but none much flattering for a sandwich, nor so simple as “BLT”.
Ze Sandwich of Hurried Lunchbreaks
- Ezekiel Bread
- Take about a 1/5 of the avocado and slice it into slices. Put these on of the bread slices.
- Take a fork and mash the avocado into a spread.
- Sprinkle salt on the avocado.
- Take a hefty amount of sprouts and put it on the avocado. I do about 1/2 an inch. It stays rather well.
- Slice the tomato.
- Put some slices on the sprouts.
- Spread some butter on the other slice of bread.
- Put the two bread slices together and put it into a bag or container. This sandwich is best if made a few hours ahead of time, imo, because it gives the bread chance to soften (as Ezekiel Bread can be rough).
Well, that’s it. I hope it’s of help to someone. Anyways.
I hope your day went well.
How was your day?
What is a favorite lunch of yours to make ahead and bring?